Saturday, August 6, 2011

Have you ever touched a starfish?


On our way to the Hoh Rainforest, we stopped at the creatively named "Beach Four" (there are beaches One through Six, if you're wondering) to see some real tidal pools.


There we found gorgeous sea creatures, just like the ones we were introduced to at the aquarium in Newport.


Ochre starfish are very cool. Though they appear to be soft and squishy, they are actually covered by an extremely hard armor that looks like it's decorated in tiny strands of pearls.


With green sea anemones


Mussels covering the rocks. Up close they look like this...

...kind of reptilian


1 comment:

  1. Wow! This makes me really want to take a trip up there, following in your footsteps. I've never been further north than humboldt, and I really think I would love Oregon. I bet you're missing our beautiful weather in Tucson though :)

    ReplyDelete